WordPress has been around since 2003 and the latest statistic are that WordPress (WP) powers 27% of the websites on the internet.
It’s no surprise given how easy to learn and use it is, getting a website up and running has never been easier.
You can also connect with a whole community should you run into any road blocks.
Open source means that there are hundreds of people from around the world working on improving it everyday.
It gives you the freedom to use it for whatever you want without paying any kind of licensing fees.
Why Use WordPress?
- Search engines love it if you plan to rank (I hope you do)
- It’s 100% FREE to install and upgrade
- Highly Customizable
- You don’t have learn any fancy html code
- Mobile friendly
How To Use WordPress For Beginners
The following guide will include all of the following:
- Installing WordPress on your host
- Installing a theme
- Installing plugins
- Creating a post
- Creating a page
- Adding images / videos
- Setting up contact page
- Adding widgets
- How to update
You can read the full guide of how to use WordPress for beginners here.
- The toolbar editor
- Creating links
- Managing comments
- Custom menus
- Adding new users
- Useful tools
- How to transfer WordPress
- How to speed your load time up
- How to improve security
- How to restore old version of WP after update
How To Backup WordPress
There is nothing worse then working so hard on your website only to lose the whole thing. Hopefully you will never have to learn this lesson but if you do you will only do it once.
I went years without backing up my websites properly and never really had any issues but there was always that chance. I have been backing my sites up on a regular basis thankfully because recently I tried to update one of my sites and there was an error.
My website was down, I couldn’t log into WordPress nothing. It wasn’t a big deal because I used WP Twin to restore it from the backup copy I made earlier in the month. You can read about it and learn how to use it on my WP Twin Review page.
How To Make Money From Your Site
There are many different ways of making money online with a website. You can do blogging where you talk about something you are passionate about. You can do affiliate marketing where you promote other peoples products and in turn make a percentage of the sale called a commission
- Cost per click
- Google Adsense, Infolinks
- Cost per action (CPC)
- Neverblue, Peerfly.com,
- Affiliate marketing –
- CJ Affiliate (Formerly Commission Junction), Clickbank, Amazon
- Email marketing
- Creating your own digital product (ebook)
- Selling links or advertising space
- Selling your website
- Getting traffic but don’t want to keep it, or you can’t monetize it, or maybe you get bored and want to move on to something else
Alternative Free Platforms