As you will already know YouTube is the world’s second biggest search engine after Google. But it is also a hugely untapped traffic source. id you know that YouTube gets over 30 million visitors per day?
Today I want to give you a quick guide on how to rank YouTube videos in both Google and YouTube.
The Keyword Basics:
We are looking for a minimum of 300 searches for our keywords. For keywords you can use tools such as Market Samurai or Keyword Planner to find the search volumes.
But in general, Google does base video results on the following keyword types:
- How to keywords (“how to eat a pie”)
- Reviews (“Pie eating Reviews”)
- Tutorials (“setting up your over”)
- Fitness or sports related (“Physical excersise”)
- Funny videos (“Cute Dogs”)
Creating Your Own Video:
Creating the video is pretty easy and can be as simple as videoing a slideshow and adding music using tools such Camtasio Studio or Screenflow. You can also use free tools such as animoto where you simply add pictures and generate a video.
How to upload your video:
1) Setting Your Video Title
Make a long title so that you can include your full keyword without keyword-stuffing. In general my video title contains 5 words…only 2 of which are my target keyword:
Quick Tip: you get a slight video SEO boost by putting your keyword at the beginning of the title.
2) Creating Your Description
Your description is very, very important. Because Google and YouTube cantt “listen” to videos, they rely on your text description to determine your video’s content.
Here are the basic guidelines for the description:
- Put your link at the very top of the video
- Include your keyword in the first 25 words
- Make the description at least 350-words
- Include LSI keywords
- Include your keyword 3-4 times
- This SEO-optimized description helps tell Google and YouTube what your video is about without being spammy.
3) Adding Your Tags
Just include a few keywords to help YouTube and Google learn what your video is about.
4) Pick Your Category
This isn’t incredibly important. Most review videos fall under “How to”
Once you’re done, click ‘Save Changes” and your video will go live!
Building Links To Your Video:
For your link building you can use a whole host of link types including:
- ping + meta indexing
- wiki wites
- document sharing sites such as docstoc
- web 2.0 sites such as wordpress, livejournal and tumblr.
- article sites such as goarticles and ezinearticles.
- Private Blog Network Sites
- Blog comments
- Social bookmark sites such as reddit and diigo.
The more fast links we can generate to our video the better. Also remember to push Google +1 and likes to your video page.